Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chicks With Guns

A friend just sent me this article, and I just have to share it.  Photographer Lindsay McCrum recently released a photo book called Chicks With Guns.

At first glance, that title made me all kinds of nervous.  I’ve seen way too many gun magazines featuring busty, scantily-clad women posing with whatever new gun they’re apparently trying to sell.

And so, the photos in this gallery are surprisingly refreshing.




I love that the photographer says she’s not trying to make a political statement.  She’s not trying to “glorify” or “vilify” anyone.  She simply wanted to learn more about the community of women gun owners, and share that with the world.

These portraits are gorgeous.  It is so positive to see women who could be your neighbors and friends displaying their love of firearms in a positive way.  I may need to buy the book just so I can see more of these!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment